What I’m Working On, April 2014:
1. An illustrated blog post for Dash Network, a charity helping asylum seekers in North Texas.
2. Request Week: I asked my Tumblr followers to tell me what to draw. Right now I’m stretching it out into two weeks … maybe three?
3. My day job involves lots of standing around idly outside, so I sneak in some observed urban landscape drawing when I can.
4. Updating my website.
April WIWO from QDC.
A collaboration with the awesome kentonblogs! :3
If any of you aren’t following Erica on Tumblr already, you should get on it. I made this tortoise and hare for a poster project back in school and had been thinking about animating them. Erica is a master of crackly scratch-on-film effects, so we combined forces.
Stakeout, 2014. 9 Sketchbook pages, 9x12” each.
I have completed my first Art Assignment. If you don’t know what The Art Assignment is, check it out on YouTube and Tumblr. The current assignment, from artist Deb Sokolow, is to leave an object somewhere, wait for someone to pick it up, and document the experience. The nine pages of paranoid notes, scribbled drawings and haphazard snapshots I ended up with aren’t the kind of thing I usually post here, but I really enjoyed my stakeout.
What I’m Working on, February 2014:
1. An artwork I’m making as my way of mourning the loss of Sushi World, Dallas’ 24-hour sushi bar.
2. A set of retro Sci-Fi themed valentines
3. Personal, weekly drawings relating to spirituality. I’ve been making these for several months now, but I’m working on putting them online somewhere quietly.
4. Comics. This one is real dumb, but it may see the light of day when the time comes.